GO Ms No.97, Dt: 07-05-2014 :: Pensions - AP State Reorganisation Act 2014 - Apportionment of Pension Liability as per Schedule VIII of the Act - Apportionment of Pension Liability by PAG (A&E)/DAO at the time of pension authorisation - Certain additions to the Pension proposals proforma - Orders - Issued.
1. GO Ms No.263, Fin. & Plg. (PSC) Department, dt. 23-11-1998
2. AP State Reorganisation Act 6 of 2014
3. Lr No.D(I)1/4511/2014, dt.16-4-2014 received from Director, DTA, AP., Hyd.
1. Kind attention is invited to AP State Re-organisation Act 6 of 2014.
2. As per para 5 (i) of Schedule VIII of Act “The liability in respect of the pension of any officer service immediately before the appointed day in connection with the affairs of the existing State of Andhra Pradesh and retiring on or after that day shall be that of successor State granting him the pension and other retirement benefits. But the portion of pension and other retirement benefits attributable to the service of any such officer before the appointed day in connection with the affairs of the existing state of Andhra Pradesh shall be allocable between the successor states on the basis of population ratio and the Government granting the pension shall be entitled to recover from the other successor State its share of the liability. ”
3. From the above para, it is clear that in respect of officers retiring after the appointed, the Pensionary benefits needs to be apportioned at the time of authorisation by the PAG (A&E)/DAO.
4. The DAG (Pensions), O/o. PAG (A&E) has also assured to indicate apportionment of pensionary benefits at the time of authorisation of pension
5. At present the pension proposal submitted by the employees consists of the following information:
1. Part-I - Information to be furnished by the Government/Applicant
2. Part -II (A) - Information to be filled by the Pension Sanctioning
3. Part - II (B) - Sanction of Pension by Pension Sanctioning Authority
6. In view of the above, Part-II (C) is now added to the Pension proposals as shown below for furnishing an additional information by the Pension Sanctioning Authorities while forwarding pension papers regarding service particulars of the retiring employees after appointed day for indicating the apportionment of pension liability between the Telangana and Residuary State of Andhra Pradesh by the Pension Authorisation issuing Authorities i.e. PAG (A&E)/DAO.