Rc.No.32/ SSA/A3/2014. Dt. 14-11-2014 :: A.P.S.S.A-Supply and distribution of books by Sarva Siksha Abhiyan-Certain instructions- Issued.
The attention of all the District Educational Officer and Project Officer, S.S.A , is invited to the subject cited and they are informed that Sarva Siksha Abhiyan is providing books to schools as teacher reference books from time to time for quality education. But it is came to notice that the books were not reaching the schools in time. As such the main motive of providing books is fruitless. Therefore the following measures are to be taken.
1. To verify that all the books reach to all the Mandal points and school points.
2. Registers of teacher reference books should be maintained by H.M and handover to the successor H.M.
3. Furnish feedback on usage of books supplied.
4. Discuss about the usage of library books provided by Sarva Siksha Abhiyan in SMCs meeting and regular meetings by H.M.
5. Ensure that libraries are running for students /teachers to be able to access them.
6. Provide a separate room for library/resource centre wherever possible.
7. Ensure that library period in the daily school time table per class is maintained.
8. To include the assessment of reading and usage of the library in the schools in the monitoring actions.
9. Continuous monitoring/assessment of reading skills among the children by teachers.
10. Penalty should be imposed for loss of books.
11. Stock register and Issue Register should be maintained in school libraries.
12. In daily school prayer, 3 minutes should be allotted to give brief essence of children literature in books supplied by SSA.
Therefore, all the District Educational Officers and Project Officers Sarva Siksha Abhiyan are requested to follow the guidelines scrupulously for/proper utilization of books.