G.O.MS.No.72(SW.EDN.2), Dt.18-10-14 :: Social Welfare Department – Post Matric Scholarships (PMS) Scheme - Sanction of PMS to the SC/ST/BC/EBC/Minority/Physically Challenged students – Policy for the academic year 2014-15– Orders – Issued.
1. G.O.Ms.No.66, Social Welfare (Edn.2) Department, Dt. .08.09.2010
2. Andhra Pradesh Reorganization Act, 2014.
1. The Government of Andhra Pradesh is implementing the scheme of sanction of Post Matric Scholarships (PMS) to the SC, ST, BC, EBC, Minority and Physically Challenged students by way of reimbursing the Tuition fee (RTF) and the payment of Maintenance fee (MTF).
2. The State of Andhra Pradesh was bifurcated into the State of Andhra Pradesh and the State of Telangana, as per the provisions of the Andhra Pradesh Reorganization Act, 2014.
3. Section 95 of the Andhra Pradesh Reorganization Act, 2014 states that “in order to ensure equal opportunities for quality higher education to all students in the successor States, the existing admission quotas in all government or private, aided or un-aided institutions of higher, technical and medical education in so far as it is provided under the Article 371-D of the Constitution, shall continue as such for a period of ten years during which the existing admission process shall continue”.
4. Consequent to the bifurcation of the State, the policy governing the implementation of the Post Matric Scholarship Scheme to the SC/ST/BC/EBC/Minority and Physically Challenged students in the State of Andhra Pradesh, for the academic year 2014-15, is enunciated as follows:
(a) All the provisions contained in G.O.Ms.No.66, Social Welfare (Edn.2) Department, dated 08-09-2010, excepting the income criteria mentioned at Para 4.I (i) in respect of the students belonging to the SC & ST community, shall, mutatis mutandis, be followed.
(b) The enhanced income-ceiling limit of Rs.2.00 lakh per annum and the enhanced maintenance fees, in respect of the students belonging to the SC/ST community, and communicated vide G.O.Ms.No. 60, Social Welfare (Edn.2) Department, Dated 27.09.2011, shall continue to be in force.
(c) The provisions contained in the Memo No. 10537/SW.Edn.2/ 2011- 5, dated 01.11.2011, stipulating among other things, the maximum age for applying for Post Matric Scholarships shall, mutatis mutandis, continue to be in force.
5. In amendment of the extant entitlement and the procedure for the filing and the processing of the claims for the Post-Matric Scholarship, prescribed in the G.O.s and Memo cited at Para (4) supra, it is hereby ordered that, for the academic year 2014-15, the following guidelines/additional guidelines, shall be followed, for the sanction of Post-Matric Scholarships to the SC/ST/BC/EBC/Minorities and Physically Challenged students:
(a) It shall be mandatory to disclose and enter the Aadhaar (UID) number of the father and the mother of the student in addition to the Aadhaar (UID) number of the student, at the time of filing the application for both fresh and renewal Post-Matric Scholarship.
(b) It shall be mandatory to disclose and enter the Income Tax Permanent Account Number (PAN), if possessed, either by the student or the father or the mother of the student, at the time of filing the application for both fresh and renewal Post-Matric Scholarship.
(c) It shall be mandatory to disclose and enter the Four Wheeler Registration Number, if possessed, either by the student or the father or the mother of the student, at the time of filing the application for fresh/renewal Post-Matric Scholarship.
(d) It shall be mandatory to furnish the Nativity Certificate issued after 2nd June, 2014, by the Tahsildar through Meeseva, by the students belonging to the EBC/OC-Minorities/OC-Physically Challenged categories at the time of filing the application for both fresh and renewal Post-Matric Scholarships.
(e) All the students applying for fresh Post-Matric Scholarship shall enclose the Income Certificates issued, after 2nd June 2014, by the Tahsildar through Meeseva.
(f) Post-Matric Scholarships shall be sanctioned to the students belonging to Telangana, who are “local” to Andhra Pradesh and are studying in the institutions, located in Andhra Pradesh.
(g) Post-Matric Scholarships shall be sanctioned to the students belonging to Andhra Pradesh and who are “local” to Andhra Pradesh and are studying in the institutions located in Telangana, as per within the State students norms.
(h) The term “local” at Para 5 (f) and (g) supra, shall be defined as per the provisions contained in Para 9 of G.O.P.No.646, Education (W) Dept, dated 10.07.1979 issued under the provisions contained under Article 371-D of the Constitution of India.
(i) The students falling in the categories mentioned at Para 5(f) & (g) supra shall enclose the Study/Bonafide certificates for a period of not less than seven consecutive! academic years ending with the academic year in which he/she appeared or, as the case may be first appeared in the relevant qualifying examination, while applying for both fresh and renewal Post-Matric Scholarship.
6. The Commissioner of Social Welfare/Commissioner of Tribal Welfare/Commissioner of BC Welfare/Director of Welfare of Disabled and Senior Citizens/Commissioner of Minorities Welfare are directed to take action accordingly.
7. This order issues with the concurrence of Finance (EBS.III) Department vide their U.O.No.1924/65/A1/EBS.III/14, dated 16-10-2014 & 1419/PFS/2014, dated 17-10-2014.