GO.Ms.No.52, Dt: 22.2.2014 :: Electronic Service Delivery in Government Transactions – Usage of Digital Signatures instead of INK Signed Signatures wherever necessary – Amendment to A.P. Treasury Code Volume – I – S.R. 2 (c) under T.R.16 and Article 45 of A.P. Financial Code.
1. G.O.Ms.No.10, I.T & C (Infrastructure) Dept., dt:18-10-2011.
2. G.O.Ms.No.218, Finance (TFR) Dept., dt :04.08.2012.
3. G.O.Ms.No.326, Finance (TFR) Dept., dt :04.08.2012.
In the reference 1st read above, Government have Notified the Andhra Pradesh Information Technology (Electronic Service Deliver) Rules, 2011. As per Rule 3 (a) “it shall be lawful for the Competent Authorities and other Statutory Authorities to deliver
public services adopting the system of Electronic Service Delivery with the use of Digital
Signature Certificates, in accordance with these rules” and as per Rule 3(d) of the said
Rules “ the receipt or payment of money by or in favour of Government adopting the
system of Electronic Service Delivery shall be deemed to be a receipt or payment effected in compliance with the Financial Code and Treasury Code of the
2. In the reference 2nd read above, Government authorized the Government Officers to use Digital Signatures also for Electronic Service Delivery in Government transactions instead of the INK Signed Signatures wherever necessary as per Codal
3. In the reference 3rd read above, Government instructed the District Treasury Officers /Pay & Accounts Officer, Hyderabad /Joint Director (Works)/Pay & Accounts Officers(Works) in Twin Cities and the Districts to accept the Budget Release Orders/Administrative Sanction orders/On-line authorizations without INK Signed copies
4. In the above circumstances the relevant portion of rule in S.R. 2 (c) under T.R. 16 of A.P. Treasury Code and Article 45 in A.P. Financial Code needs to be amended. The following amendment order is issued accordingly:
---- A M E N D M E N T ----
1. A.P. TREASURY CODE VOLUME-I:
S.R. 2 (C) under T.R. 16: Every bill or other voucher shall bear the office seal and shall be filled in and signed in ink duly affixing
entries and signatures with ball point pens are also permissible, provided the same are clear and legible.
2. A.P. FINANCIAL CODE:
Article 45: In no case should the sanction be communicated to Audit Officer over the signature of a non-gazetted Ministerial Officer. The Signature of the
Gazetted Officer on any order
communicated to the Accountant General should only be in Ink and not in stencil or facimile.
To be Replaced:
1. Government Officers shall use Digital Signatures also for Electronic Service Delivery in Government transactions instead of the INK Signed Signatures
wherever necessary as per Codal
---- A M E N D M E N T O V E R ----
5. This G.O., is available in Andhra Pradesh Government Website http://goir.ap.gov.in/.