G.O.Rt.No.393, Dt:07.03.2014 :: Elections- 4thOrdinary Elections to the Urban Local Bodies in the State, 2014 - Polling on 30-03-2014 to ten (10) Municipal Corporations and (146) one hundred and forty six Municipalities / Nagar Panchayats in the State - Authorization to the District Collectors for declaration of local holiday for use of public buildings, educational institution buildings etc., - Orders - Issued.
Read the following:
1. State Election Commission, Notification No. 85/SEC-F1/2014-1&2, dated03.03.2014.
2. State Election Commission, Notification No. 85/SEC-F1/2014-3&4, dated03.03.2014.
3. State Election Commission, Notification No. 86/SEC-F1/2014, dated 03.03.2014.
4. From the State Election Commission, Letter No. 83/SEC-F1/2014, dated 03.03.2014.
1. The State Election Commissioner has issued notification to conduct Elections to ten (10) Municipal Corporations and (146) one hundred and forty six Municipalities / Nagar Panchayats in the Stateon 30.03.2014.
2. A large number of public buildings, and buildings of educationalinstitutions and other buildings have to be utilized as polling stations and counting centresin connection with elections of Urban Local Bodies on the dates as mentioned in para 1 above.
3. The Government hereby authorize the District Collectors in the Stateexcept Hyderabad district to declare local holiday on the day preceding the day of poll and on the day of poll in their respective districts for the conduct of elections and counting of votes in respect of public buildings, and buildings of educational institutions and other buildings proposed for conduct of the above polls.
4. The District Collectors in the State (except Hyderabad district) shallensure that local holidays are made applicable only to those Government offices and institutions, where the buildings are utilized as polling stations and counting centres, on the dates fixed.
5. On such local holidays however the treasuries and sub treasuries in theState will function.