G.O.Rt.No. 436, Dt: 24.03.2014 :: Elections - 4th Ordinary Elections to Urban Local Bodies - Payment of remuneration to polling and counting personnel drafted on election duty to the Urban Local Bodies - Orders - Issued.
Read the following:
1. G.O.Ms.No. 1077, PR & RD (E&R) Department, dated 01.07.2013.
2. From the Secretary, Election Commission of India, Letter NO. 464/INST-PAY/2014/EPS, dated 28.02.2014.
3. From the Secretary, State Election Commission, letter No. 83/SEC-F1/2014, dated 03.03.2014.
In the circumstances stated in the reference 3rd read above and keeping in view the orders issued in the reference 2nd read above, Government after careful examination here by issue orders fixing the following rates of remuneration payable to the staff deployed on training classes / polling / counting duties during 4th Ordinary Elections to Urban Local Bodies, 2014:
1. Zonal Officer / Route Officer / Sectoral Officer remuneration at lumpsumRs.1500/- (one time)
2. Presiding officer / Counting SupervisorRs. 350/- per day
3. Polling officers / Counting AssistantRs. 250/- per day
4. Office sub-ordinates (Class-IV)Rs. 150/- per day
5. Packed lunch and/or light refreshment to the personnel deployed at polling stations / counting centres Rs.150/- per head per day
2. The Secretary, State Election Commission shall take necessary action accordingly.
3. This orders issue with the concurrence of Finance (Expr. M&H) Department vide their U.O.No.6973-A/165/A1/Exp. M&F/2014, dated 22.03.2014 and General Administration(Election) Department vide their U.O. No. 3535/Elec./A1/2014-1, dated 24.03.2014.