- Book Identification Number (BIN) is to be quoted by the Drawing and Disbursing Officer in transfer voucher details in their quarterly TDS/TCS statements.
1. Receipt Number: Seven digit unique number generated for each Form 24G statement successfully accepted at the TIN central system.
2. DDO Serial Number: Five digit unique number generated for each DDO record with valid TAN present in the Form 24G statement successfully accepted at the TIN central system.
3. Date: The last date of the month and year for which TDS/TCS is reported in Form 24G.
- BIN will be used for the purpose of verification of TDS/TCS reported by the DDO in column no. 410 of their quarterly TDS/TCS statements and for effecting final credit to the tax payers present in the TDS/TCS statements.
- BIN will be generated only for those DDO records for which valid TAN is provided.
- User will be able to request BIN (view/download) maximum for a period of 12 months.
- Verification of amount of tax remitted to Government is optional. In order to verify the amount of tax remitted, the AO has to select the check box and provide the amount of tax. If the details matches with the amount present at TIN central system, ‘Amount matched’ will be displayed, else ‘Mismatch in Amount’ will be displayed.
- The downloadable file will be carat (^) separated text file.
- Downloaded file will be compressed and password protected.
- Extract Zip file containing BIN details in text form by using WinZip version 9.0 and above, WinRaR version 3.90 and above and 7-Zip version 4.65 and above.
- Password for extracting the contents of the BIN file will be 7 digit AIN.
- File will contain DDO record with valid TAN along with corresponding BIN.
- In case of large number of record, file will be split into multiple files.